A two-day course providing practitioners with skills when working with both parents in the joint session of the mediation process.
Through the use of actors the workshop shows participants how to assist their clients to progress to a point of mutual agreement and appreciation, without the usual emotional sticking points that many clients struggle to overcome. Practitioners will be able to help the clients to understand the origins and causes and of their conflict and to willingly collaborate in their new parenting alliance with enthusiasm and goodwill.
What participants will learn
- To educate and assist parents to gain a more balanced and forgiving perspective on the breakdown of their relationship
- To establish and maintain an environment that contains both parents, whilst simultaneously creating opportunities for progress and positive, future-focused change
- To help parents achieve forgiveness through powerfully and compellingly acknowledging each other’s experience and perspectives
- To help parents articulate their preferred communication styles
- To work in a child focused way that is potent and persuasive, influencing the parents’ desire for peace and harmony
Who is this for: Family lawyers, mediators, counsellors, child consultants and family therapists. Also applicable to anyone working with families or individuals who are struggling to thrive in intact families or post separation.
Cost: £460 (incl VAT) 12 hours of continuing development
Bookings: email@example.com or call 07414 826956