Clients stuck in a cycle of blame? Angry and unable to move on?
An intensive skills development course, using actors, for practitioners working with families entrenched in conflict. The workshop provides a strong practical focus on the subtle skills required to bring about a series of transformative shifts in parents, helping them to gain a broader perspective on why they are in conflict, what effect this has had on their children and how they might manage their future parental alliance.
What participants will learn
- To gain an accessible and applicable working knowledge of attachment theory, neurobiology and trauma theory
- How to help the parent to have ‘flashes of insight’ into how they are contributing to their conflict with the other parent
- How to deeply engage with a parent without endangering impartiality and neutrality
- To re-humanise the ‘other’ parent and to encourage empathy
- Narrative therapy skills to ‘shift the blame’ away from the people and onto the problem - the relationship
Who is this for: Family lawyers, mediators, counsellors, child consultants and family therapists. Also applicable to anyone working with families or individuals who are struggling to thrive in intact families or post separation.
Cost: £460 (incl VAT) 12 hours of continuing development
Bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07414 826956